Calcium Tablets

Mainly, calcium is the most common mineral in our body. Calcium comprises 99% of the structure of your bones and teeth, while the remaining 1% is found in your blood and soft tissues. Calcium provides the needed strength and stiffness to the skeletal system so as to keep you around and to protect the internal organs as well.

Without enough calcium, your body would not be able to keep its constant cycle of rebuilding and growing of the bones so as to provide the required strength to hold up your body. Your body’s need for the required calcium level changes very fast as it goes through different levels from childhood to adolescence stages.

According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, the recommended calcium intake for adults over the age of 31 must consume 1000 mg everyday and this will go up to 1200 mg everyday for adults over 51 years of age.

Furthermore, if you have an insufficient intake of the required calcium level from foods, it is advised that you must take additional calcium. You can ask for an advice from your personal physician on how to get other calcium supplements. It’s is proven that by taking the additional amount of calcium may decrease the risk of having osteoporosis, bone loss-in elderly men and postmenopausal women, and increasing the bone mineral density to children, adolescents, and adults.

You can get calcium in ample quantities in different kinds of food and other supplements like calcium tablets that can be purchased in drug stores. But before purchasing any calcium tablets for your calcium needs, better consult first a doctor.