- Test your hormone levels. This should be done by utilizing both saliva testing and blood testing. For more information on how you can do this yourself call Oasis Advanced Wellness about how to obtain kits to use in the privacy of your own home. You will need to test for estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA and cortisol.
- Educate yourself on the topic of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and balancing your hormones naturally. A good place to start is my e-book–Balancing Your Hormones Without Drugs…You Can Feel Good Again and also at www.menopause-pms-progesterone.org. This will not only address your hormone issues but also help you to bring your whole body into balance…from the comfort of your own home. You can purchase this at www.oasisserene.com.
- Take your results to a healthcare professional that you trust and one that works with bio-identical hormones. If you cannot find a healthcare professional in your area we offer telephone consults and will be glad to assist you in reaching your health goals. Make sure that you employ a healthcare professional that will work as a team-player. Ultimately, you are the one responsible for your health – not your doctor.
- If you are currently on HRT go to www.oasisserene.com for instructions on how to get off HRT. You will need to wean yourself off gradually.
- As good as bio-identical hormones replacement therapy is, it is not an end-all. Your goal should be to bring your body into total health and balance.
- Be willing to address detoxification, diet, water in-take, supplementation, exercise, physical / emotional stress and environment. This is a MUST.
- Once you start on a program your hormone levels should be monitored every three months for one year. This eliminates all the guesswork as to whether or not what you are doing is actually working. The goal should be to get your system balanced and to hopefully stimulate the hormones to start producing again.
About Supplements: It would be easy for me to include, in the above suggestions, vitamin/supplement recommendations like B-Complex, Vitamin E, etc. The reason that I do not is because many will go to a local drugstore or grocery store to purchase these supplements. All supplements/vitamins are not created equal. Sometimes the fillers and excipients can negate any benefit that you might get from the vitamin. I believe this is one reason why natural medicine is not taken seriously by many people. They tried a $9.95 supplement and it did not work, so therefore the reasoning is that using a natural approach does not work. It can be over whelming and time consuming to decide which supplements are best and which ones will work. This is why I believe it is important to have a healthcare professional on your team who is trained in knowing what supplements will be absorbed, transported and utilized effectively by the body. For information about the supplements that we recommend to our clients get the e-book – Balancing Your Hormones Without Drugs…You Can Feel Good Again.